Editor-in-chief and Publishing & Foreign Rights Manager
* in Innsbruck / Austria, studied law at the University of Innsbruck. Her professional activities have included Director of the Austrian Institute of Design in Vienna, Editor of the Book Austrian Design (Basel, Birkhäuser 2006) and Senior Consultant at Brainds Marken und Design GmbH in Vienna.
Karin has always been enthusiastic about children’s literature. She thoroughly enjoyed reading picture books to her son and ever since she pondered on how to get adults into reading aloud and how to spark a love of reading in youngsters. The answer? Inspiring stories with beautiful illustrations and an appealing editorial design. She founded Papperlapapp and is now Editor-in-chief and Publishing Manager.
Editor and Sales Manager, Austria & Germany
* in Halle (Saale), Germany, attended the training program for teachers at Uni Leipzig, but quit eventually finding herself being more passionate about theatre, film and media which is what she is currently studying at Uni Wien.
Paula applied for an internship at papperlapapp in spring 2022. Now that she is staying she is happy to help the team with various matters.
Sales Manager, Switzerland
* in Zurich / Switzerland. She studied acting at the Berliner Schule für Bühnenkunst, completed a classical training at the Folkwang Universität der Künste in Essen and spent several years on various stages. To become an artistic director, she completed a Master in Cultural Management at the Zurich University of Applied Sciences. However, she missed the detailed work on language and its interpretation and therefore she founded the Kommode Verlag in Zurich in October 2010. For Papperlapapp she is the first contact person for all sales agendas regarding Switzerland.
International Sales & Foreign Rights
* in Kitzbühel, Tyrol, teacher training for secondary schools in German and history at the University of Innsbruck, DEA en Littérature et histoire des idees des pays de langue allemande, Université de Paris IV / Sorbonne; Master's degree in psychosocial counseling, life and social counseling.
Throughout his career as a teacher (Lycée français de Vienne), as headmaster (AKG Vienna, European School Luxembourg) and as Deputy Secretary General of the European Schools (Brussels), Harald Feix was intensively and joyfully involved in the challenges of bilingual and multilingual schools and bilingual education, not only due to his profession but also at home. He happened to come across Papperlapapp and was immediately convinced of its potential. He joined the publishing house and has since then been responsible for sales & licences regarding francophone countries, Luxembourg and international schools.
Clinical Psychologist, Psychotherapist, member of the editorial advisory board
* was born in Vorarlberg in Austria. Profoundly convinced that reading out loud is the key to development, education and becoming a well-rounded individual, Philipp Schwärzler has been supporting Papperlapapp as a member of the editorial board since the very beginning.
Academic Expert in Children’s and Young Adult Literature, member of the editorial advisory board
* was born in Vienna in Austria. She studied German Studies and Journalism in Vienna and works as a Research Assistant for Stube, a study and information centre for children’s and young adult literature.
She contributes her professional expertise in children’s and young adult literature to the Papperlapapp team.